How do we decide what steps to take?
Create a road map for prevention.
Understand the Problem
- Coalition Core Essentials – This online course from CADCA offers 10 modules, including problem analysis and logic models.
- Why? But Why Here? – Use this process to root the issue your community wants to address in the local specifics. Lasting change can be made the more clearly defined the problem is.
Develop a Plan for Community-Wide Change
- Seven Strategies for Community Change – Prevention is most successful when approached multiple ways. Use this list and the examples provided as you create a comprehensive plan.
- CADCA Planning Primer – A complete look at developing a theory for community change, a logic model, a strategic plan, and an action plan.
- The Coalition Impact: Environmental Prevention Strategies – Learn how to examine the context in which substance abuse occurs and how to develop strategies to change it.
- Mind Tools – offering techniques for creative problem solving, decision making, project & time management, and more.
- Plan for Sustainability – use these guidelines as a planning tool to consider how to maintain your prevention impact long term.
Would you like assistance developing your plan? Contact us. We are here to help.