How do we carry out prevention efforts?
Put your data-driven, strategic plan into action.
Select Evidence-Based Strategies
- National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices – developed to help the public learn more about evidence-based prevention strategies available for implementation.
- College Alcohol Intervention Matrix – a comprehensive tool to identify effective alcohol interventions to address harmful and underage student drinking on college campuses.
Culture and Systems Change Resources
- The Montana Institute – research, training and support on the Science of the Positive framework for changing community norms.
- Center for Health and Safety Culture – research, training and support for addressing impacts of culture on community health.
- SAMHSA’s Programs and Campaigns – search by topic area for prevention campaign materials and initiatives developed by SAMHSA
- Alcohol Policy Information System – provides detailed information on a wide variety of alcohol-related policies in the United States at both State and Federal levels.
- Responsible Beverage Server Training – access a list of regional trainers in MN and materials for alcohol retailers.
- Place of Last Drink – an initiative to identify patterns of alcohol use which leads to law enforcement response and calls for service.
- Online Tobacco Retailer Training – a free, comprehensive online training for tobacco retail employees. Training covers MN state and federal laws regulating the sale of all tobacco products.
- Prescription Drug Prescriber Education – a series of recorded lectures from the Minnesota Medical Association for medical students, residents, and practicing physicians on pain, opioids, and addiction.
- MN Department of Health, Alcohol & Other Drugs – strategies for community-based approaches to prevention of substance abuse.
Tips and Other Considerations
- Cultural Competence and Behavioral Health Disparities – use this tool as a guide for ensuring your prevention plan is inclusive and relevant for all members of your community.
Unsure how to delegate tasks? Need help determining a timeline? Contact us. We are here to help you.