How do we get the right people involved?
Identify resources. Build relationships. Raise awareness. Develop knowledge and skills.
- Minnesota Prevention Resource Center, Library – Books, academic journals, fact sheets, and a research librarian to assist you in your search.
- Three Resource Types – Community partners may be able to provide resources financially, through people power, or as an organization. See examples here.
- Asset Mapping – Resources abound in every community, as long as you know where to look. Use this tool with your community partners to identify resources you have near you.
- Network for Good – access webinars, blogs, templates, and guides to support your fundraising strategies.
Relationships and Networking
- Have you met your Regional Prevention Coordinator? We would love to help you make new connections in your region.
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) – Toolkits, webinars, podcasts, and publications on topics such as coalition building, the Strategic Prevention Framework, and much more.
- Coalitions Work – Tools and publications created specifically to help community coalitions function better and make an impact.
- Community Tool Box – Toolkits and guides for pulling your community together to make change.
- TIP SHEET: Cultural Brokers and Community Liaisons – ideas for building relationships and including more cultures from your community in prevention.
Awareness Raising Tools
- Minnesota Prevention Resource Center, News – Up-to-date news articles on the substance abuse prevention topics you care about.
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids: Get Information – Information for parents and other community members on a variety of prevention topics.
- Telling the Coalition Story – CADCA’s publication on developing a communication plan and working with media.
- Communications Toolkit – An interactive, online toolkit to guide you on effectively communicating about prevention to diverse audiences.
- Have you seen our calendar of training events? Now is a great time to take a peak.
- Minnesota Certification Board – Learn about prevention professional certification requirements and apply.
- Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies – Free, online training courses to help you be effective at prevention.
Feeling stuck? Unsure how to use this information best? Contact us. We are here to help.