Wondering where to begin?
Start with a deeper understanding of your community.
Review Community Data
- Substance Use in Minnesota – Create custom data reports by topic, location, or demographic
- Minnesota Center for Health Statistics – Public health data, trends, and reports
- Minnesota Student Survey Reports – Scroll to the Student Data section to find aggregate data tables and reports from 2007-2016
Locate Other Data Sources
- Local and State Sources of Prevention Data – review this list to get ideas of local agencies from which you might access other valuable community data
- Substance Use in Minnesota, Publications – a list of sites and reports generated by a variety of data sources
- Needs Assessment and Cultural Competence – use this list of questions to ensure your assessment process is inclusive and culturally relevant for your community
- SAMHSA, Data – browse a variety of data reports including multiple data types, geographic break-downs, and outcome indicators
- What is an assessment and how do I get my community involved?
- Environmental scan for alcohol and underage drinking problems
- Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings
- Alcohol Advertising Scan
- TIP SHEET: Data Collection
Organize, Interpret, and Share
- Substance Use in Minnesota, Toolbox – scroll to “Toolkits and Trainings” to find information on how to analyze, interpret, and share data.
- TIP SHEET: Analyzing and Interpreting Data
Improve Group Resources
- Click here to find additional assessment resources from the Improve Group.
Not sure where to start? Unsure of how to use these? Contact us. We are here to help.