- This event has passed.
Native American Curriculum
April 10, 2019 @ 8:30 am - April 12, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$180
April 10-12, 8:30 – 5:00
The primary intent of this substance abuse-related curriculum is to provide an educational experience for prevention specialists and substance abuse staff of state licensed programs in Minnesota. The curriculum is also relevant for health, mental health and social work staff professionals, teachers, and other service providers working with Native Americans.
Rose Robinson, Native American Curriculum Consultant for the State of MN, Leech Lake Reservation enrolled
George Goggleye, Ojibwe, Senior NAC Trainer, Leech Lake enrolled
Curriculum topics include:
- Cultural and spiritual values (Pre-European contact) Government policies, treaties and federal laws
- Prejudicial and discrimination issues
- Cultural orientations & Introduction to spiritual ceremonies
- Traditional family relationships
- History of alcohol and drug abuse
- Multiple addictions and diseases
- Counseling strategies & culturally and spiritually related assessment instruments
Certificates of Completion from the State of MN – DHS for exact number of hours you attend the training – Attendance at full training is 22 CEU’s
This is a MIWRC Learning Center Training which is funded in part by the State of Minnesota DHS, Behavioral Health Division, American Indian Section.