About Minnesota Regional ATOD Prevention Coordinators
Mission: We support Minnesota communities in their efforts to prevent youth substance use and abuse.
We support local communities in the prevention of alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse (ATOD) by providing assistance in the following areas which includes the Strategic Prevention Framework Model:
Community Assessment : Capacity building : Strategic planning : Implementation : Evaluation : Sustainability : Cultural competency : Training : Technical assistance : Resource materials and ideas : Coalition building : Community mobilization
Regional Prevention Coordinators provide resources, consultation and technical assistance to local coalitions, agencies and other community members. Technical Assistance is being provided in the following prevention areas:
- Needs assessment and data analysis
- Community readiness for change
- Coalition building and maintenance
- Stakeholder analysis and engagement
- Leadership empowerment
- Fundraising, grantwriting, etc.
Planning effective programs
- Developing logic models
- Designing goals, objectives and workplans
- Identifying and selecting effective, evidence-based methods and strategies
- Troubleshooting difficulties
- Maintaining program fidelity
- Developing a program evaluation plan
- Developing, obtaining and critiquing evaluation tools
- Implementing an evaluation plan
- Analyzing evaluation results
- Presenting and sharing evaluation results
Services provided by Regional Prevention Coordinators are guided by SAMHSA (the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) principles designed to build and maintain effective prevention programming within a Strategic Prevention Framework. Funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division (ADAD).